SAP Netweaver BI is all about business being able to make the right decisions at the right time using data which is reliable. Lets take a look at some of the basics of Netweaver BI. SAP BI popularly known as SAP Business Intelligence is a component of the SAP Netweaver subarea ‘Information Integration’.
SAP Netweaver Information Integration contains the following components:
1. BI Information Integration
2. Knowledge Management
3. Master Data Management
The key benefit of SAP BI Netweaver is that both structured and unstructured information is available to enterprise users in real time. MySAP Netweaver BI within SAP Business Warehouse makes this possible by firstly, ensuring the integrity of the data, and secondly integrating and analyzing relevant information in real time. The Netweaver BW framework supports the BI with tools such as interactive reports. The Netweaver BI relies on the BW framework in collecting data from various resources both SAP and Non SAP sources. This data is loaded in SAP BW using extraction processes. The data may undergo technical as well as business modifications as required. After processing, the data is saved in Infoproviders.
Thus, the Business Intelligence Information Integration in Netweaver follows a step by step process. The steps can be outlined as under:
1. Source system data extraction
2. Transformation of extracted data. Technical and business transformation is required for data to make sense and be readable.
3. Storage of the transformed data into Infoproviders. Infoproviders are the objects which make the data available for reporting.
4. Reporting is the last step in the Netweaver BI process, where infoproviders are used for generating interactive reports.